monitoring required for nonce

frtrack-oracle
Hi,

We have had a bit of confusion regarding this piece of documentation:
<http://metro.java.net/guide/ch20.html#monitoring-available-information
>. Particularly the section that reads:

Metro has five mbean types:
    WSNonceManager
        Nonce manager used by endpoints to prevent replay attacks.
        This only exists on the endpoint side, scoped per-endpoint.

My understanding is that monitoring is entirely a read-only feature for
users and does not affect the nonce functionality at all. Some people
here however read it that the MBean is required for parts of nonce to
work. Could you tell what is the correct interpretation?

I cannot think of a better way of formulating the doc unfortunately. I
guess the main reason for the confusion is that we saw some
NullPointerExceptions with the word nonce in it when we had multiple
endpoints with the same name trying to register the same MBean.

Best regards,
Fabian

Re: monitoring required for nonce

Martin Grebac-2
On 9/2/13 1:41 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have had a bit of confusion regarding this piece of documentation:
> <http://metro.java.net/guide/ch20.html#monitoring-available-information
>> . Particularly the section that reads:
> Metro has five mbean types:
>      WSNonceManager
> Nonce manager used by endpoints to prevent replay attacks.
> This only exists on the endpoint side, scoped per-endpoint.
>

> My understanding is that monitoring is entirely a read-only feature for
> users and does not affect the nonce functionality at all.
Hi,
  yes, that's correct.

> I cannot think of a better way of formulating the doc unfortunately. I
> guess the main reason for the confusion is that we saw some
> NullPointerExceptions with the word nonce in it when we had multiple
> endpoints with the same name trying to register the same MBean.
  If you have the test it would be worth to submit it as an issue,
   MartiNG

--
Martin Grebac, SW Engineering Manager (Metro/JAXWS/JAXB RI)
Oracle Czech, Prague