Quantcast

metro development status

Mehrtens, Hauke
Hi,

We are using metro in our products, but we saw that there wasn't a
release since more than a year (v2.3 in 29.4.2013) and there are no
commits in the public svn repository beside changing the copyright year,
the version number and some hudson script since February 2014.

What is the current status of the metro development? Was the development
stopped by Oracle? Are there any commercial versions which are still
being developed?

Hauke

Re: metro development status

Martin Grebac-2
Hi,
  actually Metro 2.3.1 is under way, to be included with GlassFish
4.0.1. As for commercial versions question - Metro is an open source
project and not a standalone commercial product. Metro or its components
are to be found within Java SE, Glassfish, WebLogic, ... . From
GlassFish point of view perhaps this could help:
  https://blogs.oracle.com/theaquarium/entry/java_ee_and_glassfish_server
   MartiNG

On 01.07.14 10:10, Mehrtens, Hauke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using metro in our products, but we saw that there wasn't a
> release since more than a year (v2.3 in 29.4.2013) and there are no
> commits in the public svn repository beside changing the copyright year,
> the version number and some hudson script since February 2014.
>
> What is the current status of the metro development? Was the development
> stopped by Oracle? Are there any commercial versions which are still
> being developed?
>
> Hauke

Re: metro development status

Mehrtens, Hauke
Hi MartiNG,

thanks for the info. It is nice to hear about plans for Metro 2.3.1.

I was just wondering because I could not see any development happing
around metro. Is the information at https://metro.java.net/extend/ still
correct? It references a svn reposetory at
https://svn.java.net/svn/wsit~svn/trunk/wsit without any significant
changes in the last few months.
What is this github page about: https://github.com/gf-metro ?

I am just wondering about the current status and how it will evolve in
the next few (2 - 4) years. We are using Metro in the JBoss application
server, so we more or less depend on the standalone releases.

Hauke

On 07/01/2014 11:09 AM, Martin Grebac wrote:

> Hi,
>   actually Metro 2.3.1 is under way, to be included with GlassFish
> 4.0.1. As for commercial versions question - Metro is an open source
> project and not a standalone commercial product. Metro or its components
> are to be found within Java SE, Glassfish, WebLogic, ... . From
> GlassFish point of view perhaps this could help:
>   https://blogs.oracle.com/theaquarium/entry/java_ee_and_glassfish_server
>    MartiNG
>
> On 01.07.14 10:10, Mehrtens, Hauke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using metro in our products, but we saw that there wasn't a
>> release since more than a year (v2.3 in 29.4.2013) and there are no
>> commits in the public svn repository beside changing the copyright year,
>> the version number and some hudson script since February 2014.
>>
>> What is the current status of the metro development? Was the development
>> stopped by Oracle? Are there any commercial versions which are still
>> being developed?
>>
>> Hauke

Re: metro development status

Martin Grebac-2
Hi Hauke,
  we plan to continue to evolve Metro as the supported web services
standards evolve, along with incremental feature and/or bug fix releases
aligned with GlassFish releases (the afore-mentioned Metro 2.3.1). The
JAX-WS improvements/fixes that ship with the JDK is another example how
Metro improvements find their way into releases. Metro continues to be
an important SOAP-based Web Services stack. We continue to accept
community contributions, and please work with the Metro team ahead of
time to ensure any contributions can be accepted.
  As for the github page - we've been (slowly) migrating component
repositories from cvs/svn to git. And for the already migrated
components we setup a java.net to github mirroring as some people prefer
working with source there - that's what gf-metro github page is about,
  MartiNG

--
Martin Grebac, SW Engineering Manager
Oracle Czech, Prague

Re: metro development status

molly
Hello,

GlassFish 4.1 was released in September. What about Metro 2.3.1?

Thanks,
Molly