com.xml.bind.StringInputStream Unsupported

com.xml.bind.StringInputStream Unsupported

somogyi
I'm upgrading a system to metro 2.2.1-1 and I have several projects that depend on StringInputStream, which now appears to not be delivered with metro 2.2 and later.  Is there an equivalent class that I could import to use for byte streams? Does anyone know that reasoning behind why com.xml.bind.StringInputStream was dropped from new builds?  Thanks!