Quantcast

Service Client fails with unusual message.

Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
Greetings all. I have a Metro based Java Client talking to a .Net WCF based service using a certificate for message security with basic username/password validation. Under Metro 1.5, this service works without fail. However, by merely changing the libraries to Metro 2.0, I get the following:

INFO: WSP5018: Loaded WSIT configuration from file: file:/F:/Vault/ModusJavaClient/ModusServiceLibrary/build/classes/META-INF/wsit-client.xml.
java.util.logging.ErrorManager: 5
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.PropertyResourceBundle.handleGetObject(PropertyResourceBundle.java:136)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:378)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:344)
        at java.util.logging.Formatter.formatMessage(Formatter.java:108)
        at java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter.format(SimpleFormatter.java:63)
        at java.util.logging.StreamHandler.publish(StreamHandler.java:179)
        at java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.publish(ConsoleHandler.java:88)
        at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:458)
        at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Logger.java:480)
        at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:569)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever.digestBST(CertificateRetriever.java:136)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube.processRequest(SecurityClientTube.java:211)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:629)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:588)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:573)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:470)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.Stub.process(Stub.java:319)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(SEIStub.java:157)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:109)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:89)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:140)
        at $Proxy43.getLatestInstances(Unknown Source)
        at consoletestapplication.Main.main(Main.java:41)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: It should be divisible by four
        at com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever.digestBST(CertificateRetriever.java:137)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube.processRequest(SecurityClientTube.java:211)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:629)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:588)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:573)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:470)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.Stub.process(Stub.java:319)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(SEIStub.java:157)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:109)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:89)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:140)
        at $Proxy43.getLatestInstances(Unknown Source)
        at consoletestapplication.Main.main(Main.java:41)
Caused by: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: It should be divisible by four
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decodeInternal(Base64.java:742)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decode(Base64.java:730)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever.digestBST(CertificateRetriever.java:134)

Clearly, the CertificateRetriver has a problem with the keystore, but given that it works perfectly on Metro 1.5, I can't see why this would occur. Any guidance on this matter is appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'ndykman' ([hidden email])]

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

suresh-22
Clearly there was a problem and we fixed it(in 2.1) today. please try
with tomorrow's metro nightly build and let us know.
please use metro 2.1 .
If you want you can file a bug on 2.0
Thanks
suresh

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
Hi there,
Still doesn't work for me.
I have a Java app in NetBeans 6.8 that consumes WCF service which is secured with mutual certificates.
Using Metro 1.5 all works fine. However, when I reference Metro 2.0 or 2.1 Nightly (11-Jan-2010) I get below errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikola

Metro 2.1 Nightly error:

12-Jan-2010 10:08:47 com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever digestBST
SEVERE: error occured while decoding Base64 data
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: Error while decoding
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decodeInternal(Base64.java:766)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decode(Base64.java:730)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever.digestBST(CertificateRetriever.java:137)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube.processRequest(SecurityClientTube.java:211)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:629)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:588)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:573)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:470)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.Stub.process(Stub.java:319)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(SEIStub.java:157)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:109)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:89)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:140)
        at $Proxy45.classifications(Unknown Source)
        at javaapplication2.Main.main(Main.java:36)

Metro 2.0 error:

[...]
[Message sent by forum member 'nikolam' ([hidden email])]

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

suresh-22
Hi, we are working on this and made a temporary fix for this problem..
Can you try with latest metro 2.1 nightly(13th jan build) and let us know?
At the same time can you upload the wsdl that you are using ,to produce
your problem on our side?
or if possible please attach the client and service to reproduce the
problem..
Thanks
Suresh

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
Hi there,
I have tried with 2.1 Nightly 13/01/2010.
Client now works but I do get a few warnings (below).
At first sight they indicate Metro was unable to validate server certificate. Let me explain our setup:
  - we have created our own certification authority (CA certificate)
  - server certificate we created is signed/issued with above CA certificate
  - both CA and server certificate public keys reside in truststore.jks used by the client
Again, this truststore.jks works with 1.4/1.5.

If you need access to WSDL/client code/server and CA certificates public keys/access to service (will need your test certificate public key) please private msg me ( nikola_m  AT  yahoo.com ).

Thanks,
Nikola

Metro 2.1 Nightly 13-01-2010 output:

13-Jan-2010 09:52:23 com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever digestBST
WARNING: error occured while decoding Base64 data
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: Error while decoding
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decodeInternal(Base64.java:766)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.Base64.decode(Base64.java:730)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.security.impl.policy.CertificateRetriever.digestBST(CertificateRetriever.java:172)
        at com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube.processRequest(SecurityClientTube.java:211)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.__doRun(Fiber.java:629)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber._doRun(Fiber.java:588)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.doRun(Fiber.java:573)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.api.pipe.Fiber.runSync(Fiber.java:470)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.Stub.process(Stub.java:319)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.doProcess(SEIStub.java:157)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:109)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:89)
        at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:140)
        at $Proxy45.classifications(Unknown Source)
        at javaapplication2.Main.main(Main.java:37)
13-Jan-2010 09:52:23 com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube processRequest
WARNING: exception during digesting the server certificate
13-Jan-2010 09:52:23 com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube processRequest
WARNING: exception during validating the server certificate  null
13-Jan-2010 09:52:23 com.sun.xml.wss.jaxws.impl.SecurityClientTube processRequest
WARNING: Could not validate the server certificate found in the wsdl, so not using it  null
[Message sent by forum member 'nikolam' ([hidden email])]

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
HI, The problem is on our side and your service looks fine...we fixed it today..
Please try with tomorrow's(Jan 19th) nightly and let us know...
[Message sent by forum member 'sm228678' ([hidden email])]

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
Hi all,
Tried with Metro 2.1 Nightly 19/01/2010.
All works fine - no warnings of any kind.

Many thanks,
Nikola
[Message sent by forum member 'nikolam' ([hidden email])]

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

metro-3
Hi

I had the same problem. could you tell me how to get Metro 2.1 nightly version?

Many thanks,
Xun

INFO: WSP5018: Loaded WSIT configuration from file: file:/E:/NetBeansProjects69/MySecureCalculatorClientApp69/build/classes/META-INF/wsit-client.xml.
[...]
        at $Proxy47.add(Unknown Source)
        at mysecurecalculatorclientapp69.Main.main(Main.java:34)
[Message sent by forum member 'springbok']

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

suresh-22
this is the link for metro 2.1
https://metro.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11914&expandFolder=11914&folderID=0

https://metro.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=12027&expandFolder=12027&folderID=11914

please use this and let us know..

Thanks
Suresh

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

pravipravi
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

pravipravi
Based on your suggestion i used Metro 2.1.1 with Apache Tomcat 7.0.16. I am getting this error when i am calling another web-service client from Tomcat Web-service application.
Unable to compile the code.
Can anyone please suggest what could be the reason ?

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor VerizonMessageCenter.xml java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
Implementing class at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2818) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1148) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1643) at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.checkHandlesTypes(ContextConfig.java:1948) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsStream(ContextConfig.java:1911) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1800) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1768) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1754) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1266) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:881) at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:316) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5103) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:812) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:787) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:607) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:633) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:525) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1377) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:301) at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836) at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761) at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1436) at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:856) at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:353) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:240) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:572) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:563) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:403) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:286) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:272) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:1730) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: Service Client fails with unusual message.

Martin Grebac-2
Hi,
 I'm not seeing anything metro related in the stack trace you posted ... what is VerizonMessageCenter.xml?
  MartiNG

On 08/09/2011 02:44 PM, pravipravi wrote:
[...]

Sent from the Metro - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
Martin Grebac, GlassFish/Metro/JAXB/Tooling at Oracle
http://blogs.sun.com/mgrebac