SAML over SSL example works, what to do next?

SAML over SSL example works, what to do next?

forums
hello there! i finally got the SAML over SSL example to work, so my question
is what to do next. How can I create my very own SAML assertion and how is it
actually verified? We have a custom realm that works with an LDAP and a
Database in order to do the logins for the users. many thanks chris

--

[Message sent by forum member 'chris2401']

Re: SAML over SSL example works, what to do next?

TomekJavaMetro
Hello,

Dear Cris,

The STs service from (Metro, Apache Cxf, Ms Adfs, others) could create the SAML assertion for You.

I suggest You to do @see a tutorial   https://metro.java.net/guide/ch12.html  with STS Issued   the Web Service Providder that is invoked by secured WSC.

Your Sts service that issues Tokens to users , could invoke LDAP, Kerberos, Certificate Authority, revocations lists of certificates, other service over XKSMS  in order to verify the user in Your/outer domain.

To communicate wiith LDAP yous java Jndi API, OpenDS api or Novel LDAP api.

In Metro  You could create a STS service and Secured WSP.
In STS use Mutual Certificates , and in WSP use STS Issued Token as in configuration mechanisms.

Please use the symmetric crypto mechanisms in YOur first  investigations.
For this scenario You should have a proper certificates, i suggest to use the provided from GF/ Metro first.

Best regards,