Key Type when Create a Metro Third-Party STS

Key Type when Create a Metro Third-Party STS

gchoi
Hello Metro team,

I am looking at "To Create a Third-Party STS" part in the Metro User Guide(http://metro.java.net/guide/ch12.html#gfrig) . There is following description at the end. Could you verify my understanding for this part to make it clear? If select public key type for STS, does that mean when I configure service provider I have to choose public key type? Same way, if I choose symmetric key for STS, I also have to select symmtric key for STS? If this is correct, when I use ADFS as a STS, how do I assosiate key type between service provider and ADFS2.0? I am using Metro client my the way.

Key Type : The type of key the service provider requires. The choices are public key or symmetric key. Symmetric key cryptography relies on a shared secret and is usually faster than public key cryptography. Public key cryptography relies on a key that is made public to all and is primarily used for encryption but can be used for verifying signatures.

Thanks.

Re: Key Type when Create a Metro Third-Party STS

Jiandong Guo-2
The setting in the service side has the priority. The Key Type in the
service WSDL, together with the other parameters, will be passed to the
STS in the RST.